65 relations: All Saints' Church, King's Heath, Architectural terracotta, Augustus Pugin, Bearwood, West Midlands, Bingley Hall, Birmingham, Birmingham Orthodox Cathedral, Bishop Ryder Church, Birmingham, Blue plaque, Catherine-de-Barnes, Catholic Apostolic Church, Charles Barry, Christ Church, Summerfield, Church of SS Mary and Ambrose, Edgbaston, Church of SS Peter & Paul, Aston, Church of St. Michael and All Angels, Underwood, Classical architecture, Colmore Row, English Heritage, Foundation of the Schools of King Edward VI, Gothic architecture, Handsworth, West Midlands, Holy Trinity Church, Birchfield, Kidderminster, King Edward VI High School for Girls, Birmingham, King Edward's School, Birmingham, Listed building, Llandudno, Lloyds Bank, New Berry Hall, New Street, Birmingham, North Wales, Old Joint Stock Theatre, Oldswinford, P. B. Chatwin, Palace of Westminster, Pevsner Architectural Guides, Royal British Society of Sculptors, Royal Institute of British Architects, Royal Society of Arts, Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, Solihull School, St Augustine's Church, Edgbaston, St Bartholomew's Church, Edgbaston, St Clement's Church, Nechells, St Gabriel's Church, Deritend, St James' Church, Aston, St James' Church, Handsworth, St John the Evangelist's Church, Perry Barr, St John's Church, Ladywood, ..., St Lawrence's Church, Duddeston, St Mark's Church, Washwood Heath, St Martin in the Bull Ring, St Mary the Virgin, Acocks Green, St Mary's Church, Moseley, St Matthew's Church, Duddeston and Nechells, St Paul's Church, Lozells, St Peter's Church, Handsworth, St Philip's Cathedral, Birmingham, St. John's Church, Kidderminster, University of London, Uppingham School, Victoria Tower, Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton Art Gallery. Expand index (15 more) » « Shrink index
All Saints’ Church, King’s Heath is a Grade II listed Church of England parish in the Anglican Diocese of Birmingham.
Architectural terracotta, in its unglazed form, became fashionable as an architectural ceramic construction material in England in the 1860s, and in the United States in the 1870s.
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin (1 May 1812 – 14 September 1852) was an English architect, designer, artist and critic, chiefly remembered for his pioneering role in the Gothic Revival style; his work culminated in the interior design of the Palace of Westminster.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Augustus Pugin ·
Bearwood is the southern part of Smethwick, in Sandwell, West Midlands, England, and north of the A456 Hagley Road, and the wider locality extending into North Edgbaston in Birmingham.
Bingley Hall in Birmingham was the first purpose-built exhibition hall in Great Britain.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Bingley Hall ·
Birmingham is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands, England.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Birmingham ·
The Cathedral Church of the Dormition of the Mother of God and St.
Bishop Ryder Memorial Church, Birmingham, was a parish church in the Church of England in Birmingham from 1838 to 1960.
A blue plaque is a permanent sign installed in a public place in the United Kingdom and elsewhere to commemorate a link between that location and a famous person or event, serving as a historical marker.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Blue plaque ·
Catherine-de-Barnes (known to locals as Catney) is a village within the Metropolitan Borough of Solihull in the English county of West Midlands.
The Catholic Apostolic Church was a religious movement which originated in England around 1831 and later spread to Germany and the United States.
Sir Charles Barry (23 May 1795 – 12 May 1860) was an English architect, best known for his role in the rebuilding of the Palace of Westminster (also known as the Houses of Parliament) in London during the mid-19th century, but also responsible for numerous other buildings and gardens.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Charles Barry ·
Christ Church is a Grade II listed parish church in the Church of England in the Summerfield district of Birmingham.
Church of SS Mary and Ambrose, Edgbaston is a Grade II listed parish church in the Church of England in Birmingham.
The Parish Church of St Peter and St Paul in Witton Lane, Aston, Birmingham, England, is a parish church in the Church of England.
The Church of St.
Classical architecture usually denotes architecture which is more or less consciously derived from the principles of Greek and Roman architecture of classical antiquity, or sometimes even more specifically, from the works of Vitruvius.
Colmore Row is a street in the centre of Birmingham, England, running from Victoria Square to just beyond Snow Hill station.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Colmore Row ·
English Heritage (officially the English Heritage Trust) is a registered charity that looks after the National Heritage Collection.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and English Heritage ·
The Foundation of the Schools of King Edward VI in Birmingham is a charitable institution that operates two independent schools, five voluntary aided selective state schools in Birmingham, England and one academy.
Gothic architecture is a style of architecture that flourished during the high and late medieval period.
Handsworth is now an inner city, urban area of Birmingham in the West Midlands.
Holy Trinity Church is a Grade II* listed parish church in the Church of England in Birchfield, Birmingham.
Kidderminster is a town in the Wyre Forest district of Worcestershire, England.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Kidderminster ·
King Edward VI High School for Girls (KEHS) is an independent secondary school in Edgbaston, Birmingham, England.
King Edward's School (KES) is an independent day school for boys in Edgbaston, an area of Birmingham, England.
A listed building, in the United Kingdom, is one that has been placed on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Listed building ·
Llandudno is a seaside resort, town and community in Conwy County Borough, Wales, located on the Creuddyn peninsula, which protrudes into the Irish Sea.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Llandudno ·
Lloyds Bank plc is a British retail and commercial bank with branches across England and Wales.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Lloyds Bank ·
New Berry Hall, on the outskirts of Solihull, England, was built on the estate of the existing Berry Hall Farm, by the son of the successful Birmingham businessman Joseph Gillott in the late 19th Century.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and New Berry Hall ·
New Street is a street in central Birmingham, England.
North Wales (Gogledd Cymru) is the northernmost unofficial region of Wales.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and North Wales ·
The Old Joint Stock Theatre is a studio theatre located at 4 Temple Row West in the centre of Birmingham, England.
The name Oldswinford is now used for a small area of Stourbridge, close to the parish church.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Oldswinford ·
Philip Boughton Chatwin (1873 – December 1964) was an architect in Birmingham, England.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and P. B. Chatwin ·
The Palace of Westminster is the meeting place of the House of Commons and the House of Lords, the two houses of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
The Pevsner Architectural Guides are a series of guide books to the architecture of the British Isles.
The Royal British Society of Sculptors (RBS) is a centre for contemporary sculpture, headquartered on Old Brompton Road, South Kensington, London.
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a professional body for architects primarily in the United Kingdom, but also internationally, founded for the advancement of architecture under its charter granted in 1837 and Supplemental Charter granted in 1971.
The Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA) is a London-based, British organisation committed to finding practical solutions to today's social challenges.
The Society of Antiquaries of Scotland is the senior antiquarian body of Scotland, with its headquarters in the National Museum of Scotland, Chambers Street, Edinburgh.
Solihull School is a coeducational independent school situated near the centre of Solihull, West Midlands, England.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Solihull School ·
The Church of St Augustine of Hippo in Lyttelton Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, England, is a parish church in the Church of England.
St Bartholomew's Church, Edgbaston, also known as Edgbaston Old Church, is a parish church in the Church of England in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
St Clement’s Church, Nechells was a former parish church in the Church of England in Birmingham.
St Gabriel’s Church, Barn Street, Deritend is a former Church of England parish church in Birmingham.
St James' Church is a parish church in the Church of England in Aston, Birmingham, England.
St James' Church in Handsworth, Birmingham, England was erected as an Anglican church in 1838–1840 (Handsworth was at that time in the county of Staffordshire) on land given by John Crockett of the nearby New Inns Hotel.
St John the Evangelist’s Church, Perry Barr is a Grade II listed parish church in the Church of England in Perry Barr.
The Church of St.
St Lawrence’s Church, Dartmouth Street, Duddeston is a former Church of England parish church in Birmingham.
St Mark's is a Grade II listed parish church in the Church of England in Washwood Heath, Birmingham.
The church of St Martin in the Bull Ring in Birmingham 5, England is a parish church of the Church of England.
St Mary the Virgin, Acocks Green is a Grade II listed Church of England parish church in Acocks Green, Birmingham, England.
St Mary's Church, Moseley is a Grade II listed parish church in the Church of England located in Moseley, Birmingham.
St Matthew’s Church, Duddeston and Nechells is a Grade II listed parish church in the Church of England in Birmingham.
St Paul’s Church, Lozells is a Grade II listed redundant parish church in the Church of England in Birmingham now used by the Assemblies of the First Born Church of God.
St Peter’s Church, Handsworth is a Grade II listed former Church of England parish church in Birmingham now used by a Seventh-day Adventist Church church.
The Cathedral Church of Saint Philip is the Church of England cathedral and the seat of the Bishop of Birmingham.
The University of London (informally referred to as London University) is a collegiate research university located in London, England, consisting of 18 constituent colleges, 10 research institutes and a number of central bodies.
Uppingham School is a co-educational independent school situated in the small market town of Uppingham in Rutland, England.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Uppingham School ·
The Victoria Tower is the square tower at the south-west end of the Palace of Westminster in London, facing south and west onto Black Rod's Garden and Old Palace Yard.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Victoria Tower ·
Wolverhampton is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands, England.
New!!: J. A. Chatwin and Wolverhampton ·
Wolverhampton Art Gallery is located in the City of Wolverhampton, in the West Midlands, United Kingdom.