15 relations: BMP-1, Brigade, Grom (missile), Hibneryt, Infantry fighting vehicle, Lębork, Marines, Mechanized infantry, Polish Land Forces, Słupsk, Szczecin, Troupes de marine, Trzebiatów, 2S1 Gvozdika, 36th Infantry Regiment (Poland).
The BMP-1 is a Soviet amphibious tracked infantry fighting vehicle.
A brigade is a major tactical military formation that is typically composed of three to six battalions plus supporting elements.
The Grom (meaning "thunder" in Polish) is a man-portable air-defense system produced in Poland.
The Hibneryt is a Polish armored radar-directed self-propelled anti-aircraft gun system.
An infantry fighting vehicle (IFV), also known as a mechanized infantry combat vehicle (MICV), is a type of armoured fighting vehicle used to carry infantry into battle and provide direct-fire support.
Lębork (Lãbòrg) is a town of 37,000 people on the Łeba and Okalica rivers in the Gdańsk Pomerania region in northwestern Poland.
Marines, also known as a marine corps or naval infantry, are typically an infantry force that specializes in the support of naval and army operations at sea and on land, as well as the execution of their own operations.
Mechanized infantry are infantry equipped with armored personnel carriers (APCs) or infantry fighting vehicles (IFVs) for transport and combat (see also mechanized force).
The Land Forces (Wojska Lądowe) are a military branch of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland.
Słupsk (Stolp; also known by several alternative names) is a city in the Pomeranian Voivodeship, in northern Poland, with a population of 98,757.
Szczecin (German and Swedish Stettin), known also by other alternative names) is the capital and largest city of the West Pomeranian Voivodeship in Poland. Located near the Baltic Sea and the German border, it is a major seaport and Poland's seventh-largest city. As of June 2011, the population was 407,811. Szczecin is located on the Oder, south of the Szczecin Lagoon and the Bay of Pomerania. The city is situated along the southwestern shore of Dąbie Lake, on both sides of the Oder and on several large islands between the western and eastern branches of the river. Szczecin is adjacent to the town of Police and is the urban centre of the Szczecin agglomeration, an extended metropolitan area that includes communities in the German states of Brandenburg and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The city's recorded history began in the 8th century as a Slavic Pomeranian stronghold, built at the site of the Ducal castle. In the 12th century, when Szczecin had become one of Pomerania's main urban centres, it lost its independence to Piast Poland, the Duchy of Saxony, the Holy Roman Empire and Denmark. At the same time, the House of Griffins established themselves as local rulers and the population was Christianized. After the Treaty of Stettin in 1630, the town came under the control of the Swedish Empire and became in 1648 the Capital of Swedish Pomerania until 1720, when it was acquired by the Kingdom of Prussia and then the German Empire. Following World War II Stettin became part of Poland, resulting in expulsion of the German population. Szczecin is the administrative and industrial centre of West Pomeranian Voivodeship and is the site of the University of Szczecin, Pomeranian Medical University, Maritime University, West Pomeranian University of Technology, Szczecin Art Academy, and the see of the Szczecin-Kamień Catholic Archdiocese. From 1999 onwards, Szczecin has served as the site of the headquarters of NATO's Multinational Corps Northeast. Szczecin was a candidate for the European Capital of Culture in 2016.
The Troupe de marine (TDM) are a corps of the French Army which regroups several specialties: infantry, artillery, armoured and airborne.
Trzebiatów (Treptow an der Rega) is a town in the West Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland.
The 2S1 Gvozdika (2С1 «Гвоздика», "Carnation") is a Soviet self-propelled howitzer based on the MT-LB APC chassis, mounting a 122 mm 2A18 howitzer.
The 36th Infantry Regiment of the Academic Legion (Polish 36 pułk piechoty Legii Akademickiej, 36pp) was a Polish military unit.