28 relations: Brewster Islands Military Reservation, Canon de 155mm GPF, Coastal artillery, Coats of arms of U.S. Air Defense Artillery Regiments, Distinctive unit insignia, East Point Military Reservation, Field Artillery Branch (United States), Fort Andrews, Fort Banks (Massachusetts), Fort Dawes, Fort Heath, Fort Hood, Fort Ruckman, Fort Strong, Fort Warren (Massachusetts), Harbor Defense Command, Harbor Defenses of Boston, Massachusetts National Guard, Nahant, Massachusetts, Oozlefinch, Ordnance sergeant, Regular Army (United States), Salisbury Beach Military Reservation, Seacoast defense in the United States, United States Army, United States Army Coast Artillery Corps, XXIII Corps (United States), 241st Coast Artillery (United States).
Brewster Islands Military Reservation was a coastal defense site located on Great Brewster Island and Outer Brewster Island in Boston Harbor, Massachusetts as part of the Harbor Defenses of Boston.
The Canon de 155 Grande Puissance Filloux (GPF) mle.1917 was a WWI-era French-designed 155 mm cannon used by the French Army and the United States Army during the first half of the 20th century in both towed and self-propelled mountings.
Coastal artillery is the branch of the armed forces concerned with operating anti-ship artillery or fixed gun batteries in coastal fortifications.
Coats of arms of US Air Defense Artillery regiments are heraldic emblems associated with Field Artillery, Air Defense Artillery, and Coast Artillery regiments in the US Army.
A distinctive unit insignia (DUI) is a metallic heraldic badge or device worn by soldiers in the United States Army.
East Point Military Reservation was a World War I and World War II coastal defense site located in Nahant, Massachusetts.
The Field Artillery Branch of the United States Army was founded on 17 November 1775 by the Continental Congress, which unanimously elected Henry Knox "Colonel of the Regiment of Artillery".
Fort Andrews was created in 1897 as part of the Coast (later Harbor) Defenses of Boston, Massachusetts.
Fort Banks was a U.S. Coast Artillery fort located in Winthrop, Massachusetts.
Fort Dawes was a World War II Coast Artillery fort located on Deer Island in Winthrop/Boston, Massachusetts.
Fort Heath was a US seacoast military installation for defense of the Boston and Winthrop Harbors with an early 20th-century Coast Artillery fort, a 1930s USCG radio station, prewar naval research facilities, World War II batteries, and a Cold War radar station.
Fort Hood is a U.S. military post located in Killeen, Texas.
Fort Ruckman was a U.S. Coast Artillery fort located in Nahant, Massachusetts.
Fort Strong is a former U.S. Army Coast Artillery fort that occupied the northern third of Long Island in Boston Harbor.
Fort Warren is a historic fort on the Georges Island at the entrance to Boston Harbor.
A Harbor Defense Command was a military organization of the United States Army Coast Artillery Corps designated in 1925 from predecessor organizations dating from circa 1895.
The Harbor Defenses of Boston was a United States Army Coast Artillery Corps harbor defense command.
The Massachusetts National Guard was founded as the Massachusetts Bay Colonial Militia on December 13, 1636, and contains the oldest units in the United States Army.
Nahant is a town in Essex County, Massachusetts, United States.
The Oozlefinch is the unofficial historic mascot of the Air Defense Artillery – and formerly of the U.S. Army Coast Artillery Corps.
Ordnance sergeant was an enlisted rank in the U.S. Army for the latter two thirds of the nineteenth century and the early twentieth century.
The Regular Army of the United States succeeded the Continental Army as the country's permanent, professional land-based military force.
Salisbury Beach Military Reservation was a coastal defense site located in Salisbury, Massachusetts.
Seacoast defense was a major concern for the United States from its independence until World War II.
The United States Army (USA) is the land warfare service branch of the United States Armed Forces.
The U.S. Army Coast Artillery Corps (CAC) was an administrative corps responsible for coastal, harbor, and anti-aircraft defense of the United States between 1901 and 1950.
The XXIII Corps was a corps-sized formation of the United States Army that was activated on January 15, 1944 at Camp Bowie, Texas during World War II.
The 241st Coast Artillery Regiment was a Coast Artillery Corps regiment in the Massachusetts National Guard.