114 relations: Übergangskriegslokomotive, Baden VI b, Baden VI c, Baden X b, Battery electric multiple unit, Bavarian D II, Bavarian Gt 2×4/4, Bavarian R 3/3, Berlin S-Bahn, Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe, Class (locomotive), Class 99, Czechoslovak State Railways, Czechoslovakia, DB locomotive classification, Deutsche Bahn, Deutsche Bundesbahn, Deutsche Reichsbahn (East Germany), DR 18 201, DR Class 01.5, DR Class 119, DR Class 130 family, DR Class 22, DR Class 23.10, DR Class 243, DR Class 25.10, DR Class 250, DR Class 270, DR Class 52.80, DR Class 58.30, DR Class 65.10, DR Class 83.10, DR Class E 251, DR Class V 100, DR Class V 15, DR Class VT 2.09, DRB Class 03.10, DRB Class 41, DRB Class 42, DRB Class 50, DRB Class 52, DRG Class 01, DRG Class 03, DRG Class 23, DRG Class 24, DRG Class 43, DRG Class 44, DRG Class 45, DRG Class 56.2–8, DRG Class 61, ..., DRG Class 62, DRG Class 64, DRG Class 80, DRG Class 84, DRG Class 86, DRG Class 89.0, DRG Class E 18, DRG Class E 77, DRG Class E 94, DRG Class ET 125, DRG Class ET 167, DRG Class ET 168, DRG Class ET 169, DRG Class ET 25, DRG Class SVT 137, DRG Kleinlokomotive Class I, DRG Kleinlokomotive Class II, DRG locomotive classification, East Germany, Einheitsdampflokomotive, German reunification, GHE T 1, Gotha, Kriegslokomotive, Lübeck-Büchen Railway Company, M62 locomotive, Mecklenburg T 4, Narrow-gauge railway, Neubaulokomotive, NWE T 1 to 3, Oberweißbacher Bergbahn, Palatine P 5, Prussian G 10, Prussian G 12, Prussian G 7.1, Prussian G 8, Prussian G 8.1, Prussian G 8.2, Prussian G 8.3, Prussian P 10, Prussian P 8, Prussian S 10, Prussian T 11, Prussian T 12, Prussian T 13, Prussian T 14, Prussian T 14.1, Prussian T 16, Prussian T 16.1, Prussian T 18, Prussian T 20, Prussian T 3, Prussian T 9, Rübeland Railway, Rekonstruktionslokomotive, S-train, Saxon XI HT, Saxon XII H2, Saxon XIV HT, Saxon XVIII H, Saxon XX HV, UIC classification of locomotive axle arrangements, West Germany, Wheelbase. Expand index (64 more) » « Shrink index
The Übergangskriegslokomotiven (literally: provisional war locomotives) were austere versions of standard locomotives (Einheitslokomotiven) built by Germany during the Second World War in order to accelerate their production.
The Baden VI b was the first German tank locomotive with a 2-6-2 wheel arrangement.
The first steam locomotives of the Baden Class VI c were delivered in 1914 by the Maschinenbau-Gesellschaft Karlsruhe for service in southwestern Germany with the Grand Duchy of Baden State Railway (Großherzoglich Badische Staatsbahn).
The Baden X b of the Grand Duchy of Baden State Railway was a goods train tank locomotive with a 0-8-0T wheel arrangement.
A battery electric multiple unit, battery electric railcar or accumulator railcar is an electrically driven multiple unit or railcar whose energy is derived from rechargeable batteries that drive its traction motors.
The Class D II engines of the Royal Bavarian State Railways (Königlich Bayerische Staatsbahn) were goods train tank locomotives.
The Bavarian Class Gt 2×4/4 (bayerische Gt 2x4/4) engine of the Royal Bavarian State Railways (Königlich Bayerische Staats-Eisenbahnen or K.Bay.Sts.B.), was a heavy goods train tank locomotive of the Mallet type.
The Bavarian Class R 3/3 of the Royal Bavarian State Railways (Königlich Bayerische Staatsbahn) was an 0-6-0 tank locomotive intended for goods trains.
The Berlin S-Bahn is a rapid transit railway system in and around Berlin, the capital city of Germany.
The Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (German for Berlin Transport Company) is the main public transport company of Berlin, the capital city of Germany.
Class (locomotive) refers to a group of locomotives built to a common design for a single railroad.
Class 99 is the classification of German narrow gauge locomotives used by the Deutsche Reichsbahn or her successor administrations.
Czechoslovak State Railways (in Czech Československé státní dráhy, ČSD) was the state-owned railway company of Czechoslovakia.
Czechoslovakia, or Czecho-Slovakia (Czech and Československo, Česko-Slovensko), was a sovereign state in Central Europe that existed from October 1918, when it declared its independence from the Austro-Hungarian Empire, until its peaceful dissolution into the:Czech Republic and:Slovakia on 1 January 1993.
Originally, both Deutsche Bundesbahn and Deutsche Reichsbahn continued the classification system of the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DRG) – see also a short overview of the numbering system of the German railways.
Deutsche Bahn AG (abbreviated as DB, DB AG or DBAG) is a German railway company.
The Deutsche Bundesbahn or DB (German Federal Railway) was formed as the state railway of the newly established Federal Republic of Germany (FRG) on 7 September 1949 as a successor of the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG).
The Deutsche Reichsbahn or DR (German Reich Railways) was the operating name of state owned railways in the German Democratic Republic (East Germany), and after German reunification until 31 December 1993.
The German express locomotive, number 18 201 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn in East Germany, appeared in 1960–61 at Meiningen Steam Locomotive Works as a conversion of the Henschel-Wegmann train locomotive 61 002, the tender from 44 468 and parts of H 45 024 and Class 41.
The DR Class 01.5 was the designation given by the Deutsche Reichsbahn in East Germany to express train locomotives that were 'reconstructed' from those of the pre-war DRG Class 01.
The DR Class 119 was an East German Deutsche Reichsbahn diesel locomotive that was built in Romania.
The DR 130 family of locomotives comprises the DR Class 130 (DBAG Class 230), DR Class 131 (DBAG Class 231), DR Class 132 (DBAG Class 232 as well as Classes 233, 234 and 241 produced through modifications) and DR Class 142 (DBAG Class 242). They were produced in the Soviet Union in Luhansk, Ukraine from the 1970s onwards, and were imported into the GDR. After the reunification of Germany the Deutsche Bahn (DBAG) inherited them and continue to make use of them mainly as heavy freight locomotives. Nicknamed ''Ludmilla'', over 700 units were produced between 1970 and 1982. Two of these machines are classed as works vehicles with the designation Class 754.
The steam locomotives of DR Class 22 were reconstructed passenger train locomotives in service with the Deutsche Reichsbahn in East Germany after the Second World War.
The steam locomotives of DR Class 23.10, (from 1 June 1970 Class 35.10) were passenger train engines built for the Deutsche Reichsbahn in East Germany after the Second World War.
The DR Class 243 is a universal electric locomotive of the Deutsche Reichsbahn which is used for general rail service.
The steam locomotives of DR Class 25.10 were passenger train locomotives built for the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR) in East Germany after World War II.
The Deutsche Reichsbahn (East Germany) Class 250 (known since 1992 as Deutsche Bahn AG Class 155) is a German electric locomotive used on freight trains.
The DR Class 270 was an electric multiple unit of the Berlin S-Bahn.
The Rekolokomotives of DR Class 52.80 first appeared in 1960 in service with the Deutsche Reichsbahn in East Germany as extensive rebuilds of the wartime locomotives or Kriegslokomotiven of DRB Class 52.
After the Second World War, the Deutsche Reichsbahn in East Germany had a requirement for powerful goods train locomotives with a 15-18 tonne axle load for routes in the Mittelgebirge, the mountainous areas in the south of the country.
The DR Class 65.10 was a four-coupled passenger train tank engine operated by the East German Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR) for heavy suburban and commuter services.
The DR Class 83.10 was a newly designed (Neubaulok) steam locomotive built for the Deutsche Reichsbahn in East Germany after the Second World War and was introduced into service in 1955 and 1956.
The East German electric locomotives of DR Class E 251 (from 1970: 251, DBAG Class 171) were not standard engines either within the Deutsche Reichsbahn's or subsequently the Deutsche Bahn's fleet, due to the different specification of their electrical system.
The DR Class V 100 (DR-Baureihe V 100), redesignated the Class 110 in 1970, was a four-axled diesel locomotive for medium duties operated by the Deutsche Reichsbahn of East Germany.
DR class V 15 and DR class V 23 were diesel locomotives of Deutsche Reichsbahn in the GDR with side-rod drive for light shunting duties.
DR class VT 2.09 were light railcars of Deutsche Reichsbahn in the GDR.
The German Class 03.10 (Baureihe 03.10 or BR 03.10) engines were standard steam locomotives (Einheitsdampflokomotiven) belonging to the Deutsche Reichsbahn and designed for hauling express trains.
The German Class 41 steam locomotives were standard goods train engines (Einheitslokomotiven) operated by the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DRB) and built from 1937–1941.
The DRB Class 42Wartime locomotives classes are prefixed DRB (Deutsche Reichsbahn) to distinguish them from those introduced by the DRG (prefixed DRG), which became defunct in 1937, and those introduced later by the East German Deutsche Reichsbahn (prefixed DR).
The DRB Class 50 is a German class of 2-10-0 locomotive, built from 1939 as a standard locomotive (Einheitsdampflokomotive) for hauling goods trains.
The Deutsche Reichsbahn's Class 52Wartime locomotives classes are prefixed DRB (Deutsche Reichsbahn) to distinguish them from those introduced by the DRG (prefixed DRG), which became defunct in 1937, and those introduced later by the East German Deutsche Reichsbahn (prefixed DR).
The Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft's BR 01 steam locomotives were the first standardised (Einheitsdampflokomotive) steam express passenger locomotives built by the unified German railway system.
The Class 03 steam engines were standard express train locomotives (Einheitslokomotiven) in service with the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
The German Class 23 (Baureihe 23 or BR 23) engines of the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DRG) were standard (Einheitslokomotiven) steam engines that were conceived as a replacement for the Prussian P 8 by the Schichau Works.
The DRG Class 24 steam engines were German standard locomotives (Einheitslokomotiven) built for the Deutsche Reichsbahn between 1928 and 1939 to haul passenger trains.
The German locomotives of DRG Class 43 were standard (see Einheitsdampflokomotive) goods train engines with the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
The Class 44 (German: Baureihe 44 or BR 44) was a ten-coupled, heavy goods train steam locomotive built for the Deutsche Reichsbahn as a standard steam engine class (Einheitsdampflokomotive).
German Class 45 steam locomotives were standard locomotives (Einheitslokomotiven) designed by the Deutsche Reichsbahn for hauling goods trains.
Between 1934 and 1941 the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DRG) converted a total of 691 former Prussian-built Class 55.25–56 steam locomotives; the result was the DRG Class 56.2–8.
The two German DRG Class 61 steam engines were express train locomotives specifically built by Henschel for the Henschel-Wegmann train in service with the Deutsche Reichsbahn. The Henschel-Wegmann train was an initiative of the German locomotive construction industry, intended to be able to demonstrate a powerful steam locomotive-hauled train alongside the emerging express diesel multiple units, such as the Hamburg Flyer.
The Class 62 engines were standard (see Einheitsdampflokomotiven) passenger train tank locomotives of Germany's Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG).
The Deutsche Reichsbahn had a standard passenger train tank engine with a wheel arrangement of 1'C1' (UIC classification) or 2-6-2 (Whyte notation) and a low axle load, which was designated in their classification system as the DRG Class 64 (Baureihe 64).
The Class 80 tank engines were German standard locomotives (Einheitsloks) with the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
The German DRG Class 84s were standard (see Einheitsdampflokomotive) goods train tank locomotives with the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
The DRG Class 86 was a standard (see Einheitsdampflokomotive) goods train tank locomotive with the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft.
The DRG Class 89.0 was a goods train tank engine of standard design (see Einheitsdampflokomotive) built for the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DRG).
The Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG) Class E 18 is a class of electric locomotives built in Germany and Austria between 1935 and 1955.
The German DRG Class E 77 was a Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft electric locomotive class, which was ordered in 1923 and entered service in 1924.
The DRG Class E94 is an electric heavy freight locomotive built for Deutsche Reichsbahn from 1940, with the bulk of deliveries taking place in that year.
The 1941 Class ET 125, later adjusted series 276.0 (DR) or 477 (DBAG), was an electric railcar which traversed the DC-powered S-Bahn in Berlin during 1934/35.
The DR Class 167 is a train class that was built in 1938–1944, during World War II and Nazi Germany times.
The DR Class ET 168 (until 1941: Type "Oranienburg") was the second electric multiple unit that operated on the newly electrified Berlin S-Bahn lines.
The DR Class ET 169 (until 1941: Type "Bernau") was the first electric multiple unit that operated on the newly electrified Berlin S-Bahn lines.
The ET 25 was a series of electric multiple units built in the 1930s by the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft.
The DRG Class SVT 137 was a class of streamlined diesel train sets of the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft and later of the Deutsche Bundesbahn (as class VT 04) and the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
The Kleinlokomotiven (literally: small locomotives) of Class I were light German locomotives of low weight and power (up to 40 PS) designed for shunting duties.
German Kleinlokomotiven (literally: small locomotives) like the DRG Kö II (later: Köf II) were developed as locomotives with a low weight and driving power for light shunting duties.
The DRG locomotive classification system was developed by the German Imperial Railway Company or Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DRG), which was formed in 1924 following the merger of the German state railways (Länderbahnen) in 1920.
East Germany, officially the German Democratic Republic (GDR; Deutsche Demokratische Republik, DDR), existed from 1949 to 1990 and covers the period when the eastern portion of Germany existed as a state that was part of the Eastern Bloc during the Cold War period.
The German term Einheitsdampflokomotive, sometimes shortened to Einheitslokomotive or Einheitslok, means standard steam locomotive and refers to the steam engines built in Germany after 1925 under the direction of the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft.
The German reunification (Deutsche Wiedervereinigung) was the process in 1990 in which the German Democratic Republic (GDR, colloquially East Germany; German: Deutsche Demokratische Republik/DDR) became part of the Federal Republic of Germany (FRG, colloquially West Germany; German: Bundesrepublik Deutschland/BRD) to form the reunited nation of Germany, and when Berlin reunited into a single city, as provided by its then Grundgesetz (constitution) Article 23.
In 1933 the Gernrode-Harzgerode Railway Company (GHE) bought this twin-axled, narrow gauge railbus from Waggonfabrik Dessau and classified it as GHE T 1 within its vehicle fleet.
Gotha is the fifth-largest city in Thuringia, Germany, located west of Erfurt and east of Eisenach with a population of 44,000.
Kriegslokomotiven (for "war locomotives", singular: Kriegslokomotive) or Kriegsloks were locomotives produced in large numbers during the Second World War under Nazi Germany.
The Lübeck-Büchen Railway (Lübeck-Büchener Eisenbahn, LBE) was a German railway company that built railway lines from Lübeck to Büchen and to Hamburg in the 19th century.
M62 is a Soviet-built diesel locomotive for heavy freight trains, exported to many Eastern Bloc countries as well as to Cuba, North Korea and Mongolia.
The Mecklenburg T 4 was a German steam locomotive built for the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg Friedrich-Franz Railway as a goods train tank locomotive with a leading axle and three coupled axles (2-6-0T).
A narrow-gauge railway (narrow-gauge railroad in the US) is a railway with a track gauge narrower than the standard.
The German term Neubaulokomotive specifically refers to those steam locomotives which were newly designed and built, either for the Deutsche Bundesbahn in West Germany or the Deutsche Reichsbahn in East Germany, after the Second World War.
The four-axled, driving railcars NWE T 1 to 3 were intended to provide more cost-effective railway services for the Nordhausen-Wernigeroder Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft during times of low traffic demand.
The Oberweißbacher Bergbahn is a German railway in the Thuringian Highland, Thuringia.
The six-coupled P 5 of the Palatinate Railway (Pfalzbahn) was to replace the four-coupled locomotives in the Palatinate.
The Prussian G 10 was a German goods train, steam locomotive, whose design was based on a combination of the running and valve gear from the Prussian T 16 and the boiler from the Prussian P 8.
The Prussian G 12 was a 2-10-0 goods train locomotive with the Prussian state railways (Preußische Staatseisenbahnen).
The Prussian Class G 7.1 engines of the Prussian state railways were German eight-coupled, goods train, steam locomotives.
The Prussian Class G 8 locomotives were eight-coupled, superheated, freight locomotives operated by the Prussian state railways.
The Prussian G 8.1 was a heavier, stronger development of the G 8 and was initially referred to as a 'strengthened standard class' (Verstärkte Normalbauart).
The Prussian G 8.2 class of locomotives actually incorporated two different locomotive types: one was the Prussian/Oldenburg G 8.2, for which the Deutsche Reichsbahn subsequently issued follow-on orders; the other was the G 8.2 of the Lübeck-Büchen Railway.
The Prussian G 8.3 was a 2-8-0, superheated, freight locomotive with three cylinders.
The Prussian state railways' Class P 10 were 2-8-2 "Mikado" type passenger-hauling steam locomotives built for hauling heavy express trains in the hilly terrain of the Mittelgebirge.
The Prussian Class P 8 of the Prussian state railways (DRG Class 38.10-40 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn) was a 4-6-0 steam locomotive built from 1906 to 1923 by the Berliner Maschinenbau (previously Schwartzkopff) and twelve other German factories.
The Prussian Class S 10 included all express train locomotives in the Prussian state railways that had a 4-6-0 wheel arrangement.
The Prussian Class T 11 were passenger tank locomotives produced between 1903 and 1910 in the service of the Prussian state railways for duties on the Berlin Stadtbahn.
The Prussian Class T 12 is an early, German, passenger train, tank locomotive built for the Prussian state railways in large numbers.
The Prussian T 13 was a series of tank locomotives built in large numbers for the various German state railways, notably the Prussian state railways, and the Deutsche Reichsbahn during the early part of the 20th century.
The Prussian T 14s were German, 2-8-2T, goods train, tank locomotives operated by the Prussian state railways and the Imperial Railways in Alsace-Lorraine.
The Prussian Class T 14.1 was a German 2-8-2T, goods train, tank locomotive operated by the Prussian state railways and the Royal Württemberg State Railways.
The Prussian T16 locomotives were ten-coupled superheated freight tank locomotives of the Prussian State Railways.
The Prussian T 16.1 locomotives were built for the Prussian state railways as goods train tank locomotives about the time of the First World War.
The Prussian Class T 18s were the last tank locomotives developed for the Prussian state railways.
The German DRG Class 95 was a ten-coupled tank locomotive with a 2-10-2 wheel arrangement, which was procured by the Deutsche Reichsbahn (also referred to later as the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft or DRG) in 1922 for hauling heavy goods trains on steep main lines.
The Prussian Class T 3 steam locomotives procured for the Prussian state railways were 0-6-0 tank locomotives.
The Prussian T 9 was a class of German steam locomotive which included several types of tank engine, all with six coupled wheels and two carrying wheels operated by the Prussian state railways.
The Rübeland Railway (Rübelandbahn) is a railway link from Blankenburg via Rübeland and Königshütte to Tanne in the German state of Saxony-Anhalt.
The German term Rekonstruktionslokomotive (abbreviated to: Rekolokomotive or Rekolok) meant 'reconstruction locomotive' and was introduced in 1957 by the Deutsche Reichsbahn in the GDR.
The S-train is a type of hybrid urban-suburban rail serving a metropolitan region.
The Saxon Class XI \textstyle \mathfrakT were German, 0-10-0, tank locomotives with the Royal Saxon State Railways procured for goods train services.
The Saxon Class XII H2 steam locomotives (also nicknamed Sächsischer Rollwagen or 'Saxon rollers') were bought by the Royal Saxon State Railways (Königlich Sächsische Staatseisenbahnen) specifically for the mountainous areas of Saxony.
The Saxon Class XIV \textstyle \mathfrakT locomotives were six-coupled tank engines operated by the Royal Saxon State Railways for mixed duties on main and branch lines.
The Saxon Class XVIII \textstyle \mathfrak was a German six-coupled tender locomotive built for the Royal Saxon State Railways (Königlich Sächsische Staatseisenbahnen) in 1917/18 for express train services.
The Saxon Class XX \textstyle \mathfrak\textstyle \mathfrak were German eight-coupled express train, tender locomotives built for the Royal Saxon State Railways (Königlich Sächsische Staatseisenbahnen) just after the First World War.
The UIC classification of locomotive axle arrangements, sometimes known as German classificationThe Railway Data File.
West Germany is the common English name for the Federal Republic of Germany (FRG; Bundesrepublik Deutschland, BRD) in the period between its creation on 23 May 1949 and German reunification on 3 October 1990.
In both road and rail vehicles, the wheelbase is the distance between the centers of the front and rear wheels.