Get it on Google Play
New! Download Unionpedia on your Android™ device!
Faster access than browser!

Manoeuvring thruster

Index Manoeuvring thruster

Manoeuvring thruster (bow thruster or stern thruster) is a transversal propulsion device built into, or mounted to, either the bow or stern, of a ship or boat, to make it more maneuverable. [1]

9 relations: Boat, Bow (ship), Impeller, Port and starboard, Propeller, Reaction control system, Ship, Tugboat, Waterline.


A boat is a watercraft of a large range of type and size.

New!!: Manoeuvring thruster and Boat · See more »

Bow (ship)

The bow is the forward part of the hull of a ship or boat, the point that is usually most forward when the vessel is underway.

New!!: Manoeuvring thruster and Bow (ship) · See more »


An impeller (also written as impellor or impellar) is a rotor used to increase (or decrease in case of turbines) the pressure and flow of a fluid.

New!!: Manoeuvring thruster and Impeller · See more »

Port and starboard

Port and starboard are nautical and aeronautical terms for left and right, respectively.

New!!: Manoeuvring thruster and Port and starboard · See more »


A propeller is a type of fan that transmits power by converting rotational motion into thrust.

New!!: Manoeuvring thruster and Propeller · See more »

Reaction control system

A reaction control system (RCS) is a spacecraft system that uses thrusters to provide attitude control, and sometimes translation.

New!!: Manoeuvring thruster and Reaction control system · See more »


A ship is a large watercraft that travels the world's oceans and other sufficiently deep waterways, carrying passengers or goods, or in support of specialized missions, such as defense, research and fishing.

New!!: Manoeuvring thruster and Ship · See more »


A tug (tugboat or towboat) is a type of vessel that maneuvers other vessels by pushing or pulling them either by direct contact or by means of a tow line.

New!!: Manoeuvring thruster and Tugboat · See more »


The waterline is the line where the hull of a ship meets the surface of the water.

New!!: Manoeuvring thruster and Waterline · See more »

Redirects here:

Bow thruster, Bow thrusters, Bow/Stern thruster, Horizontal thruster, Lateral thruster, Stern thruster, Thruster tunnel, Tunnel thruster.


[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manoeuvring_thruster

Hey! We are on Facebook now! »