Get it on Google Play
New! Download Unionpedia on your Android™ device!
Faster access than browser!

Set square

+ Save concept

A set square or triangle (American English) is an object used in engineering and technical drawing, with the aim of providing a straightedge at a right angle or other particular planar angle to a baseline. [1]

13 relations: American English, Bevel, Compass (drawing tool), Hinge, Plastic, Protractor, Right angle, Right triangle, Ruler, Speed square, Straightedge, Technical drawing, Technical drawing tool.

American English

American English (AmE, AE, AmEng, USEng, en-US), sometimes called United States English or U.S. English, is the set of varieties of the English language native to the United States.

New!!: Set square and American English · See more »


A bevelled edge (UK) or beveled edge (US) refers to an edge of a structure that is not perpendicular to the faces of the piece.

New!!: Set square and Bevel · See more »

Compass (drawing tool)

A pair of compasses, also known simply as a bow compass, is a technical drawing instrument that can be used for inscribing circles or arcs.

New!!: Set square and Compass (drawing tool) · See more »


A hinge is a mechanical bearing that connects two solid objects, typically allowing only a limited angle of rotation between them.

New!!: Set square and Hinge · See more »


Plastic is material consisting of any of a wide range of synthetic or semi-synthetic organic compounds that are malleable and so can be molded into solid objects.

New!!: Set square and Plastic · See more »


A protractor is a measuring instrument, typically made of transparent plastic or glass, for measuring angles.

New!!: Set square and Protractor · See more »

Right angle

In geometry and trigonometry, a right angle is an angle of exactly 90° (degrees), corresponding to a quarter turn.

New!!: Set square and Right angle · See more »

Right triangle

A right triangle (American English) or right-angled triangle (British English) is a triangle in which one angle is a right angle (that is, a 90-degree angle).

New!!: Set square and Right triangle · See more »


A ruler, sometimes called a rule or line gauge, is a device with equally spaced markings along its length, used in geometry, technical drawing, engineering and building to measure distances or to rule straight lines.

New!!: Set square and Ruler · See more »

Speed square

A Swanson® Speed® Square. A Speed Square (rafter square, rafter angle square, triangle square) is a triangular-shaped, carpenters' marking out tool manufactured and sold by Swanson Tool Co., Inc.

New!!: Set square and Speed square · See more »


A straightedge or straight edge is a tool with a straight edge, used for drawing straight lines, or checking their straightness.

New!!: Set square and Straightedge · See more »

Technical drawing

Technical drawing, drafting or drawing, is the act and discipline of composing drawings that visually communicate how something functions or is constructed.

New!!: Set square and Technical drawing · See more »

Technical drawing tool

Technical drawing tools include and are not limited to: pens, rulers, compasses, protractors and drawing utilities.

New!!: Set square and Technical drawing tool · See more »

Redirects here:

30-60-90 set square, 30-60-90 triangle (drawing tool), 45-45-90 triangle (drawing tool), 90-45-45 set square, 90-45-45 triangle (drawing tool), 90-60-30 triangle (drawing tool), Drafting triangle, Geodreieck, Geometry set square, Geometry triangle, Set Square, Set square (drawing tool), Triangle (drawing tool), Triangle rule, Triangle ruler, 📐.


[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_square

Hey! We are on Facebook now! »