Get it on Google Play
New! Download Unionpedia on your Android™ device!
Faster access than browser!

Stagger (aeronautics)

Index Stagger (aeronautics)

In aviation, stagger is the relative horizontal fore-aft positioning of stacked wings in a biplane, triplane, or multiplane. [1]

16 relations: Aviation, Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing, Biplane, Boeing-Stearman Model 75, Center of pressure (fluid mechanics), De Havilland Tiger Moth, Decalage, Flight dynamics, Gloster TSR.38, Horizontal plane, Multiplane (aeronautics), Sopwith Cuckoo, Sopwith Dolphin, Triplane, Vickers Vildebeest, Wing.


Aviation, or air transport, refers to the activities surrounding mechanical flight and the aircraft industry.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Aviation · See more »

Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing

The Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing is an American biplane with an atypical negative wing stagger (the lower wing is farther forward than the upper wing), that first flew in 1932.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing · See more »


A biplane is a fixed-wing aircraft with two main wings stacked one above the other.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Biplane · See more »

Boeing-Stearman Model 75

The Stearman (Boeing) Model 75 is a biplane used as a military trainer aircraft, of which at least 10,626 were built in the United States during the 1930s and 1940s.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Boeing-Stearman Model 75 · See more »

Center of pressure (fluid mechanics)

The center of pressure is the point where the total sum of a pressure field acts on a body, causing a force to act through that point.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Center of pressure (fluid mechanics) · See more »

De Havilland Tiger Moth

The de Havilland DH.82 Tiger Moth is a 1930s biplane designed by Geoffrey de Havilland and built by the de Havilland Aircraft Company.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and De Havilland Tiger Moth · See more »


Decalage on a fixed-wing aircraft is the angle difference between the upper and lower wings of a biplane, i.e. the acute angle contained between the chords of the wings in question.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Decalage · See more »

Flight dynamics

Flight dynamics is the study of the performance, stability, and control of vehicles flying through the air or in outer space.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Flight dynamics · See more »

Gloster TSR.38

The Gloster TSR.38 was a single-engined three-seat biplane designed as a naval torpedo/spotter/reconnaissance aircraft in the early 1930s.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Gloster TSR.38 · See more »

Horizontal plane

In geometry, physics, astronomy, geography, and related sciences, a plane is said to be horizontal at a given point if it is perpendicular to the gradient of the gravity field at that point – in other words, if apparent gravity makes a plumb bob hang perpendicular to the plane at that point.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Horizontal plane · See more »

Multiplane (aeronautics)

In aviation, a multiplane is a fixed-wing aircraft-configuration featuring multiple wing planes.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Multiplane (aeronautics) · See more »

Sopwith Cuckoo

The Sopwith T.1 Cuckoo was a British biplane torpedo bomber used by the Royal Naval Air Service (RNAS), and its successor organization, the Royal Air Force (RAF).

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Sopwith Cuckoo · See more »

Sopwith Dolphin

The Sopwith 5F.1 Dolphin was a British fighter aircraft manufactured by the Sopwith Aviation Company.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Sopwith Dolphin · See more »


A triplane is a fixed-wing aircraft equipped with three vertical stacked wing planes.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Triplane · See more »

Vickers Vildebeest

The Vickers Vildebeest and the similar Vickers Vincent were two very large two- to three-seat single-engined British biplanes designed and built by Vickers and used as light bombers, torpedo bombers and in army cooperation roles.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Vickers Vildebeest · See more »


A wing is a type of fin that produces lift, while moving through air or some other fluid.

New!!: Stagger (aeronautics) and Wing · See more »

Redirects here:

Negative stagger, Stagger (aviation).


[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagger_(aeronautics)

Hey! We are on Facebook now! »