31 relations: Allgäu Railway (Bavaria), Bavarian G 4/5 H, Bavarian Gt 2×4/4, Bavarian P 3/5 N, Bavarian S 2/6, Bavarian S 3/5, Bochum Dahlhausen Railway Museum, Class 18, Compound engine, Danube Valley Railway (Baden-Württemberg), DRG renumbering plan for steam locomotives, Einheitsdampflokomotive, Freilassing Locomotive World, German locomotive classification, German Steam Locomotive Museum, Hof–Bad Steben railway, List of Bavarian locomotives and railbuses, List of Chemins de Fer de l'État locomotives, List of Deutsche Bundesbahn locomotives and railbuses, List of DRG locomotives and railcars, List of French 'Pacific' steam locomotives, List of Palatine locomotives and railbuses, List of preserved steam locomotives in Germany, Maffei (company), Nuremberg–Würzburg railway, Rheingold (train), Richard Paul Wagner, Royal Bavarian State Railways, Trix (company), Württemberg C, 4-6-2.
The Bavarian Allgäu railway (Bayerische Allgäubahn) is a railway line in the German state of Bavaria, running from Munich to Lindau via Buchloe, Kaufbeuren and Kempten.
The steam engines of Class G 4/5 H operated by the Royal Bavarian State Railways were the most powerful of the German, 2-8-0, freight locomotives.
The Bavarian Class Gt 2×4/4 (bayerische Gt 2x4/4) engine of the Royal Bavarian State Railways (Königlich Bayerische Staats-Eisenbahnen or K.Bay.Sts.B.), was a heavy goods train tank locomotive of the Mallet type.
The 36 locomotives of Class P 3/5 N of the Royal Bavarian State Railways (Königlich Bayerische Staatsbahn) were built between 1905 and 1907 by Maffei.
The Royal Bavarian State Railways' sole class S 2/6 steam locomotive was built in 1906 by the firm of Maffei in Munich, Germany. It was of 4-4-4 wheel arrangement in the Whyte notation, or 2'B2' h4v in the UIC classification scheme, and was a 4-cylinder, von Borries, balanced compound locomotive. It was initially assigned No. 3201. The inspiration was partly the two Prussian S 9 cab forward 4-4-4s of two years previously. Unlike those locomotives, the S 2/6 was strictly conventional in all respects apart from wheel arrangement, driving wheel size and streamlining. Many aspects of the design were borrowed from the earlier Maffei design of the Baden IId 4-4-2 class; Anton Hammel was the chief designer for both. The locomotive was designed and built in only 4 months.
The Class S 3/5 engines of the Royal Bavarian State Railways (Königlich Bayerische Staatsbahn) were express train steam locomotives with a 4-6-0 wheel arrangement.
The Eisenbahnmuseum Bochum-Dahlhausen is a railway museum situated south of the city of Bochum in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
The DRG Class 18 were German steam locomotives operated by the Deutsche Reichsbahn between the wars.
A compound engine is an engine that has more than one stage for recovering energy from the same working fluid, with the exhaust from the first stage passing through the second stage, and in some cases then on to another subsequent stage or even stages.
The Danube Valley Railway (German: Donautalbahn or Donaubahn) in Baden-Württemberg in south-western Germany is a 133.8-kilometre-long railway running from the city of Ulm to Immendingen, which is largely single-tracked and for the most part not electrified.
In 1922 the Deutsche Reichsbahn began to develop a renumbering plan to standardize the numbering of steam locomotives that had been taken over from the state railways (Länderbahnen).
The German term Einheitsdampflokomotive, sometimes shortened to Einheitslokomotive or Einheitslok, means standard steam locomotive and refers to the steam engines built in Germany after 1925 under the direction of the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft.
The Freilassing Locomotive World (Lokwelt Freilassing) is a railway museum in the Berchtesgadener Land, which is operated with the cooperation of the town of Freilassing and the Deutsches Museum.
The different railway companies in Germany have used various schemes to classify their rolling stock.
The German Steam Locomotive Museum (Deutsches Dampflokomotiv-Museum) or DDM is located at the foot of the famous Schiefe Ebene ramp on the Ludwig South-North Railway in Neuenmarkt, Upper Franconia.
The Hof–Bad Steben railway runs from Hof through the Franconian Forest to the Bavarian state spa town Bad Steben in southern Germany.
This List covers the locomotives and railbuses of the Bavarian railways, excluding those of the Palatinate (Pfalz).
The Chemins de Fer de l'État was one of the five main constituents of the Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français (SNCF) at its creation in 1938.
This article lists the locomotives and railcars/multiple units of the Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB), the German Federal Railways, that were in service between 1949 and 1993.
The railway vehicle classes covered by this list of DRG locomotives and railbuses belonged to the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft or DRG (1924–37) and its successor, the Deutsche Reichsbahn or DRB (post 1937).
A total of 1364 'Pacific' steam locomotives were built for the major French railway companies, (including those inherited by the terms of the Armistice in 1918).
This list gives an overview of the locomotives and railbuses of the Palatinate Railway (Pfalzbahn) and the Palatine network of the Royal Bavarian State Railways (Königlich Bayerische Staats-Eisenbahnen).
Maffei was a manufacturer of railway locomotives based in Munich, Germany.
The Nuremberg–Würzburg Railway is a German trunk line railway in northern Bavaria, connecting the city of Nuremberg with Würzburg, the two largest cities in Franconia, and passing through Fürth, Neustadt an der Aisch and Kitzingen.
The Rheingold ('Rhinegold') was a named train that operated between Hoek van Holland, near Rotterdam, and Geneva, Switzerland (or Basel before 1965), a distance of, until 1987.
Richard Felix Paul Wagner (25 August 1882 – 14 February 1953) was the Chief of Design in the design office of the Deutsche Reichsbahn in Germany from its inception in 1922 to 1942.
As a nation-state, Germany did not come into being until the creation of the German Empire in 1871 from the various German-speaking states such as Prussia, Bavaria, Saxony, Baden and Württemberg.
Trix is a German company that originally made Trix metal construction sets.
The steam locomotives of the Württemberg Class C were built for the Royal Württemberg State Railways in the early 20th century and were Pacifics designed for hauling express trains.
Under the Whyte notation for the classification of steam locomotives, represents the wheel arrangement of four leading wheels on two axles, six powered and coupled driving wheels on three axles and two trailing wheels on one axle.