35 relations: Articulated locomotive, Bavarian D VIII, Bavarian D X, Bavarian E I, Bavarian GtL 4/4, Bogie, DR Class 52.80, DR Class 83.10, DR Class 99.23-24, DRG Class 64, DRG Class 98.10, FS Class E.321 (third rail), FS Class E.333, FS Class E.431, FS Class E.470, L&YR 2-10-0 (Hughes), LAG Nos. 87 and 88, Lateral motion device, List of Prussian locomotives and railbuses, List of railway pioneers, Luttermöller axle, MÁV Class V40, Mecklenburg T 4, Palatine P 5, Palatine T 4.II, Prussian G 5.4, Prussian G 5.5, Prussian T 11, Prussian T 9, Richard von Helmholtz, Schwartzkopff-Eckhardt II bogie, South African Class 18 2-10-2, South African Class NG15 2-8-2, 2-8-2, 2-8-4.
The term "articulated locomotive" usually means a steam locomotive with one or more engine units which can move independent of the main frame.
The Bavarian Class D VIII (bayerische D VIII) were saturated steam locomotives with the Royal Bavarian State Railways (Königlich Bayerische Staatsbahn).
The Bavarian Class D X engines were saturated steam locomotives of the Royal Bavarian State Railways (Königlich Bayerische Staatsbahn).
The Bavarian Class E I steam locomotives operated by the Royal Bavarian State Railways encompassed four different variants of saturated steam, goods train locomotive with a 2-8-0 wheel arrangement.
The Bavarian Class GtL 4/4 engines were superheated steam locomotives in service with the Royal Bavarian State Railways (Königlich Bayerische Staats-Eisenbahnen) for duties on branch lines (Lokalbahnen).
A bogie (in some senses called a truck in North American English) is a chassis or framework carrying wheelsets, attached to a vehicle, thus serving as a modular subassembly of wheels and axles.
The Rekolokomotives of DR Class 52.80 first appeared in 1960 in service with the Deutsche Reichsbahn in East Germany as extensive rebuilds of the wartime locomotives or Kriegslokomotiven of DRB Class 52.
The DR Class 83.10 was a newly designed (Neubaulok) steam locomotive built for the Deutsche Reichsbahn in East Germany after the Second World War and was introduced into service in 1955 and 1956.
The engines of DR Class 99.23 are metre gauge steam locomotives, that were procured by the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR) in East Germany from 1954 to 1956.
The Deutsche Reichsbahn had a standard passenger train tank engine with a wheel arrangement of 1'C1' (UIC classification) or 2-6-2 (Whyte notation) and a low axle load, which was designated in their classification system as the DRG Class 64 (Baureihe 64).
The locomotives of DRG Class 98.10 (Baureihe 98.10 and, unofficially, the Bavarian GtL 4/5) were superheated steam locomotives with the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft.
FS Class E.321 was a class of 17 third-rail electric locomotives, built for the Italian State Railways (FS) for operation on the Varese line and on the underground line in Naples.
FS Class E.333 was a class of electric locomotives of the Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), powered by three-phase alternating current, which were in service from 1923 to 1968.
The FS Class E.431 was a class of three-phase AC electric locomotives of the Italian State Railways (FS).
The FS Class E.470 was an electric locomotive class of the state-owned Italian railway Ferrovie dello Stato.
The L&YR 2-10-0 was a prospective design for a class of 2-10-0 steam locomotives on the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway.
The Bavarian engines with railway numbers 87 and 88 were superheated steam locomotives with the Localbahn AG (LAG).
A lateral motion device is a mechanism used in some railroad locomotives which permits the axles to move sideways relative to the frame.
This list gives an overview of the locomotives and railcars that were in the Prussian state railways.
A railway pioneer is someone who has made a major contribution to the historical development of the railway (US: railroad).
A Luttermöller axle is an unusual steam locomotives component.
The MÁV Class V40 was an electric locomotive of the Hungarian State Railways (MÁV) and the first production electric locomotive using the Kandó system.
The Mecklenburg T 4 was a German steam locomotive built for the Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg Friedrich-Franz Railway as a goods train tank locomotive with a leading axle and three coupled axles (2-6-0T).
The six-coupled P 5 of the Palatinate Railway (Pfalzbahn) was to replace the four-coupled locomotives in the Palatinate.
The Palatine T 4II was a class of saturated steam, tank locomotives operated by the Palatinate Railway.
The Prussian G 5.4 was a German goods train locomotive with a compound engine.
The Prussian G 5.5's were early German freight locomotives with a compound engine.
The Prussian Class T 11 were passenger tank locomotives produced between 1903 and 1910 in the service of the Prussian state railways for duties on the Berlin Stadtbahn.
The Prussian T 9 was a class of German steam locomotive which included several types of tank engine, all with six coupled wheels and two carrying wheels operated by the Prussian state railways.
Richard Wilhelm Ferdinand von Helmholtz (28 September 1852 – 10 September 1934) was a German engineer and designer of steam locomotives.
A Schwartzkopff-Eckhardt II bogie (Schwartzkopff-Eckhardt-II-Lenkgestell or Schwartzkopff-Eckhardt-Gestell) is a mechanical device to improve the curve running of steam locomotives.
The South African Railways Class 18 2-10-2 of 1927 was a steam locomotive.
The South African Railways Class NG15 2-8-2 of 1931 was a narrow-gauge steam locomotive.
Under the Whyte notation for the classification of steam locomotives, represents the wheel arrangement of two leading wheels on one axle, usually in a leading truck, eight powered and coupled driving wheels on four axles and two trailing wheels on one axle, usually in a trailing truck.
Under the Whyte notation, a 2-8-4 is a steam locomotive that has one unpowered leading axle, usually in a leading truck, followed by four powered and coupled driving axles, and two unpowered trailing axles, usually mounted in a bogie.