22 relations: Army-Navy "E" Award, Clifford Stoll, Drawing, Expo 67, Fulton Street (Manhattan), Hoboken, New Jersey, Keuffel and Esser Manufacturing Complex, Lists of New York City landmarks, Manhattan, Montreal, National Register of Historic Places, Nelson M. Cooke, Pantograph, Quebec, Radio Materiel School, Renaissance Revival architecture, Slide rule, Technical drawing, Technical lettering, Terracotta, World War II, Young & Sons.
The Army-Navy "E" Award was an honor presented to companies during World War II whose production facilities achieved "Excellence in Production" ("E") of war equipment.
Clifford Paul "Cliff" Stoll (born June 4, 1950) is an American astronomer, author and teacher.
Drawing is a form of visual art in which a person uses various drawing instruments to mark paper or another two-dimensional medium.
The 1967 International and Universal Exposition or Expo 67, as it was commonly known, was a general exhibition, Category One World's Fair held in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, from April 27 to October 29, 1967.
Fulton Street is a busy street located in Lower Manhattan in New York City.
Hoboken (Unami: Hupokàn) is a city in Hudson County, New Jersey, United States.
The Keuffel and Esser Manufacturing Complex is located in Hoboken, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States.
These are lists of New York City Landmarks designated by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission.
Manhattan is the most densely populated borough of New York City, its economic and administrative center, and its historical birthplace.
Montreal (officially Montréal) is the most populous municipality in the Canadian province of Quebec and the second-most populous municipality in Canada.
The National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) is the United States federal government's official list of districts, sites, buildings, structures, and objects deemed worthy of preservation for their historical significance.
Nelson Magor Cooke (28 November 190330 November 1965) was a leader in developing electronic schools of the United States Navy, the recipient of the Navy Commendation Medal and Medal for Humane Action, a post-war engineering entrepreneur, and an author of books on applied mathematics and basic electronics.
A pantograph (Greek roots παντ- "all, every" and γραφ- "to write", from their original use for copying writing) is a mechanical linkage connected in a manner based on parallelograms so that the movement of one pen, in tracing an image, produces identical movements in a second pen.
Quebec (Québec)According to the Canadian government, Québec (with the acute accent) is the official name in French and Quebec (without the accent) is the province's official name in English; the name is.
The Radio Materiel School (RMS), operated by the United States Navy, was the first electronics training facility of America’s military organizations.
Renaissance Revival (sometimes referred to as "Neo-Renaissance") is a broad designation that covers many 19th century architectural revival styles which were neither Grecian (see Greek Revival) nor Gothic (see Gothic Revival) but which instead drew inspiration from a wide range of classicizing Italian modes.
The slide rule, also known colloquially in the United States as a slipstick, is a mechanical analog computer.
Technical drawing, drafting or drawing, is the act and discipline of composing drawings that visually communicate how something functions or is constructed.
Technical lettering is the process of forming letters, numerals, and other characters in technical drawing.
Terracotta, terra cotta or terra-cotta (Italian: "baked earth", from the Latin terra cocta), a type of earthenware, is a clay-based unglazed or glazed ceramic, where the fired body is porous.
World War II (often abbreviated to WWII or WW2), also known as the Second World War, was a global war that lasted from 1939 to 1945, although conflicts reflecting the ideological clash between what would become the Allied and Axis blocs began earlier.
William James Young (1800–1870), probably born in Philadelphia, was indentured as an apprentice to instrument maker Thomas Whitney of Philadelphia for seven years beginning in 1813.